Just KKJ

Just KKJ
She Believed She Could ,So She Did

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A GOOD GUY WITH A DASH OF SPICE

Image result for what's my type of guy

Happy Hump Dayyyy! (Cue Camels and music)..  People often ask, whats your type when dating. For a long time I really didn't have a firm definition of a type that I would or would not go for. It was usually the sort of thing that I had to actually see in order to determine if I could or not. Lots of women hold these immovable preferences of only short, only tall, college degree, street thug, kids, no kids as a graph of whom they will even consider entering into a relationship with. And I totally get there reasons. Chemistry is utterly important in any romantic union. I mean how could you lay beside someone every night that you weren't even the least bit attracted to. To me that would be a disaster waiting to happen. Cheating in that relationship would almost be certain. In the past I had been guilty of creating these ridiculous dating rule faux pas as well. Only dating a certain caliber or type of man. (PUHLEASE).. Just to learn later in life that the best things can actually come from people or places you least expect it. Yall, I use to love Destiny Childs song "Soldier". ( I still have it on my play list today). It was my man Anthem.If his status wasn't hood I wasn't checking for him. He had to be swagged out, a little bit of hood, but not so much so that I couldn't take him around my family. Boy, Have those times changed. At this point in my life I am looking for stability, serenity and someone that I don't have to remind to put the toilet seat down. Sounds fairly simple right? Yeah, because it is for me now. I had to realize that the types that I was idealizing in my mind wouldn't be able to necessarily accommodate where I was headed in life. Leaving us unequally yoked and headed down a road of unhappiness and emotional destruction. Now don't misunderstand what I am saying. I absolutely need, want and love a man that isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, knows how to change a tire or even rotate mine If I need it. I adore a man that knows how to balance his professional life and his personal life and doesn't feel the need to go out on a date with me dressed in his Sunday best or his flyest work suit. (NAWWWW).. I don't want that. I also have a tendency to be a bit aggressive at times and in your face. ( Short people syndrome).. So, he must possess enough backbone to put me in my place when needed. Because I will most definitely come out of pocket a time or two. But overall I think that with age comes wisdom. I haven't been lucky enough to find who God has for me. But I am now in the mindset of looking at the people that I choose to be a part of my life in a different way. Longevity is now important to me and not what he drives or wears. Those things have become unimportant. They really should have always been but you live and you learn....

1 Corinthians 13:11King James Version (KJV)


11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

No comments:

Post a Comment