Just KKJ

Just KKJ
She Believed She Could ,So She Did

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

RED AND BLUE DON'T LOOK GOOD ON ME NO MORE

Image result for picture of black superwoman

I can remember watching my Big-mama as a little girl and thinking
to myself wow, she can do everything. She'd cook, clean, chop wood, go to work, babysit me and about 6 of my other cousins all while being a wife and mother. I got a little older and watched my own mother quickly pick up the torch of being everyone's everything with ease and class but tired. As I began to mature and became a mother myself. I started noticing this undeniable trend and found myself falling into the same exact mentality of, I can do it on my own. I began to notice as my son started school and extra curricular activities. That there was a clear and concise difference within the African American community. THE BLACK WOMAN.. We have taken on the mindset that we can do it all on our own. Raise the kids, work, go to school, be wives, friends, children deal with our insecurities, sadness along with the infamous racial employment divide that constantly haunts us. We have grown accustomed to taking on everyone's responsibilities including our own. I know that I have. Technically I have been a single mom since my son was born. I mean his dad and I lived together and he was there for most of my sons younger years but when it came to the responsibility of doctoring, nursing and financially caring for my sons daily needs. Yea, that was all me.. And  trust me not because I wanted to.In an effort to not take anything from my sons other parent. I will say that he blessed me with the best part of himself. And for that I am eternally grateful to him. I'm now 38 years young, single and still doing it all on my own. I use to think, Why even ask anyone to do anything. They'll just mess it up. Yea well, I'm taking my cape off. That mentality is killing us.. Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Depression and all sorts of other illnesses are overtaking our communities and bodies and it has become an EMERGENCY..
Lets Kill this Superwoman Mentality. We are worth it. I am blessed to have a huge support system in place to vent, cry, babysit, or merely hangout with. If I didn't have these ladies and gentlemen in my life I don't know where in the world I would be. I am also the same for them and will always lend a hand where needed. Its what we have to do for one another.
LUKE 6:38 - Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.  "Thats word yall"..
Stay Blessed and Beautiful my loves... #Smooches




1 comment:

  1. I still haven't hung my cape up entirely - but I learned long time ago, that I can take it off!

    ReplyDelete