Just KKJ

Just KKJ
She Believed She Could ,So She Did

Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Great Debate- Are you mad or Nah?

4/21/2016Image result for harriet tubman 




Happy Thursday my sisters. This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad.
The decisions are in, the gavel has dropped and the majority has ruled that our US treasury Department shall replace Alexander Hamilton's face with the late great Harriet Tubman on the US $20 bill. To mark the 100th Anniversary of Women Suffrage. I have been honing in and listening to everyone's opinions of will they, wont they, should they, shouldn't they. I had sorta made up my mind not to even give my opinion on it one way or the other. After all this is the first time in history that America has debated on whose face should go on currency. Well,I'm back pedaling on my decision. ( Don't Judge Me) Side eye.

After seeing all the meme's and tweets on social media turning this great stride for not only women but African American Women into a mockery. I couldn't hold my tongue any longer. 
Harriet Tubman- Born Araminta Harriet Ross in 1820 in Dorchester County, Maryland to Harriet "Rit" Green and Ben Ross. Her parents were owned by two different slave masters who eventually married and I am assuming combined their slaves on one plantation. Early in Harriets life she is said to have suffered a head trauma, causing seizures and severe headaches. She would also have intense dream states, which she classified as religious experiences. Harriet has been viewed as a leader in civil rights, human rights as well as women rights. If you erase the color of her skin from the equation. ( which I am assuming is what has everyone's feathers ruffled). She was a pioneer for freedom and equality as well as an entrepreneur in her own right as she had to raise money to fund and support the venture of the Under Ground Railroad. And finally successfully escaping to freedom in 1849. History books say that Harriet was never financially secure in spite of her fame and notoriety.  So it is without any apprehension from me that this is an honorable and just decision by our United States Government to honor and acknowledge Ms. Tubman's contribution to the people. Galatians 6:9  And let us not grow weary of doing good , for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. I didn't say it. That is what the word says.
Job 8: 6-7 If you are pure and upright, surely then he will rouse himself for you and restore your rightful habitation. And though your beginning was small, your latter days will be very great.   
Stay Blessed and Beautiful my loves... #Smooches 



No comments:

Post a Comment