Just KKJ

Just KKJ
She Believed She Could ,So She Did

Friday, April 22, 2016

To Thrift or Not to Thrift- That is the question

Image result for old time photo clothes for sale

TGIF ladies..Its a cloudy, rainy day here in the good ole DMV but lets make the most of it.
We've all seen it. The girl walking down the street with the perfect pair of gently worn boots or the woman in line in front of you at the Sephora counter, wearing a pair of distressed jeans that you've seen time and time again at Nordstrom or Saks Off Fifth. You've been watching, waiting religiously checking your email for a coupon or a sale on these must have items that never seem to get discounted. You walk up to the jean or boot girl and ask. " Where did you find those". The answer makes you second guess everything you ever thought you knew, when she answers. " Oh this, I got it at a consignment shop" . "Wait what". You have got to be joking.

Nope!! Over the past year or so Thrifting and Consignment shopping have become a ritualistic pastime for millennials and the Urban Chic community. I've gotten frowned upon by my Youngest niece about my niche for the hobby. You know the questions like, Are there bugs in those, what if that person died wearing those shoes. (Blank Stare). I can not tell a fib. I absolutely love it. The rush of going into the shop and finding a pair of  Stuart Weitzman platform boots that would typically cost me no less than $350 for $25. I mean come on. Who can beat that. Exactly- no one. While there are items that you should definitely steer clear of like underwear, headphones and toothbrushes. :).
The most common items that we Thrifters look for are clothing, shoes and jewelry. Yes guys I do get the items dry cleaned and I think that you should buy the anti bacterial and anti-fungal spray for the shoes. Jewelry can be gently cleaned with alcohol and you should be good to go. Its definitely a hunt so be ready to walk ferociously through the shop looking rack to rack. After all nothing will be out in plain site. It'll all be cramped on some rack right next to a red crushed velvet dress and a pair of moms Lee jeans. But once you find that perfect designer item it'll all be worth it. I'm tryna tell ya'll!
Until Next time.. Stay Blessed and Beautiful my loves... # Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment