Just KKJ

Just KKJ
She Believed She Could ,So She Did

Monday, June 6, 2016

Job Well Done

Image result for roots lifetime movie

This weekend, I found it extremely hard getting out of my pj's. Mostly because I was on recoop mode from the Memorial Day Weekend festivities and slightly because early Saturday morning I found myself entranced by A&E and the History Channels Miniseries of the all time classic Roots. While there were definitely some new faces to the big screen. Roots kept its same poignant and historically based story line about the infamous Kunta Kinte. It was definitely a step up from Lavar Burtons 1970's movie. It was fresher, believable and had plenty of excitement. It was a 4 part action packed series with each one lasting roughly 2 and a half hours. Same story line. The episodes took you from the life of Kunta Kinte to the Life of his daughter Belle and her Son Chicken George. This series aired initially over the Memorial Day Weekend. Starting on Sunday. I didn't find the time to watch then but promised myself that I would. And so I bummed out, blanket, potato chips and Roots. I can honestly say it was well worth the time spent. I really enjoyed it. Kunta Was played by new actor Malachi Kirby. Not so new actors, Derek Luke (with his fine self), Lawrence Fishburne narrated, Tip, Forest Whitaker, Anika Noni Rose, and Mekhi Phipher. I'm sure there were more that I just can't remember right now but check it out for yourself and get empowered.. It was definitely a a reminding factor that our people have endured a lot and  have come a mighty long way.
Until next time. Stay blessed and Beautiful my loves... # Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment