Just KKJ

Just KKJ
She Believed She Could ,So She Did

Monday, May 9, 2016

TAKE OFF THE MASK


These sorts of topics are never fun for me.. Its way too real and sometimes I would much rather avoid them altogether. But then it tugs and pulls at my heart like a magnet. Forcing me to surrender self and to speak prophetically. I must first be honest, from time to time I myself am guilty. Of saying or doing something that I know dog on well it just would not be pleasing to God. Like today, I had a random spout with a colleague and instead of turning the other cheek and letting my light so shine. I rolled my eyes, got snappy and even mumbled some unkind words to myself as I went back into my office. All this is normal, Psalm 51:5 says " Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me". Thanks to a forgiving and loving God our sins are pardoned once confessed and turned away from. I'll tell you guys a little secret about me. I am utterly petrified of the Wrath of God. I could take my mamma's woo-pings and even a tongue lashing or two but Gods wrath. Ohhh Noooo. I don't want none of that. Let me be transparent with you for a moment. Because of this fear. I have shyed away from taking leadership roles in the church. For a brief stint I did serve on a Community Outreach Committee. I figured what can be the harm. I enjoy, planning and execution. This should be easy. As I got deeper and deeper into it. I became really uncomfortable. Not with the works of it all. But, the thought of, am I pleasing and magnifying the Lord in this role. As Christians we take our positions and roles in the body of Christ really lightly. (Me included).  Jeremiah 23:1 says“Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!” declares the Lord. Therefore thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, concerning the shepherds who care for my people: “You have scattered my flock and have driven them away, and you have not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for your evil deeds, declares the Lord "That's scary stuff. I can run from the debt collector, the tax man and even a bad relationship. But I can not run from the almighty. He is Omniscient,Omnipotent and Omnipresent.  Which means he is all knowing, All present and All powerful. In the horrific state of the world today. Where do we go for solace, comfort and direction. I sat in the pews of a church congregation not so long ago. Where a highly decorated leader mocked and laughed at what another member was wearing. Nope ,it wasn't too tight ,too short or inappropriate. They were laughing because she wasn't flashy, she wasn't wearing Kate Spade or Tory Burch. She was modest and simply dressed for worship.  My reaction as a babe in Christ was. Oh no, I'm not coming back here again. After I overheard the conversation my whole worship went out of the window. My spirit was vexed and I felt hurt. It's so prevalent these days worship leaders cheating on there spouses, misusing there power and simply making a mockery of the Church. I'm tired of trusting in people that claim to know the Lord, go to church every Sunday leave and lead a life of holy Hell every other day of the week. Tamela Mann said it best in her hit song "Take me to the King. " Truth is I'm tired, Options are few. I'm trying to pray but where are you? I'm all churched out hurt and abused. I can't fake , whats left to do?" Sadly, lots of Christians are in this same state this song refers to. Just tired of the Mask's. People having church faces and then Monday through Saturday faces. People pretending for the saints, the ministers, the pastors, bishops and elders. Not realizing. God is Almighty. He knows your heart, your thoughts and your deeds. It's really sad and when you really think about it, It will take you to a really dark place.  I pray that things will be different for the body of Christ one day soon. That God will heal our hearts and minds so that we may operate in his spirit. Until then. I won't be on a church roll. I'll continue to serve my family, community and world with the Love of God. Not for show, fortune a title or fame. But just because I know what I am called to do. 
Revelation 3:15-16 " I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other. So, because you are lukewarm- neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth"
Stay Blessed and Beautiful my loves... # Smooches 

No comments:

Post a Comment