Just KKJ

Just KKJ
She Believed She Could ,So She Did

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Lets Live Part II

Image result for black woman crying

Mental Health in the black community has always been a forbidden subject.. As a people we have been programmed to keep fighting even when the last ounce of fight has left our bodies. Many will tell us to stop bringing up the past and to live in the moment. When our minds wonder back hundreds of years before segregation and we question how and why we were enslaved, mistreated and killed merely because of our complexions, we're told we should get over it.. While we no longer work in cotton fields, wear chains around our necks and are whipped for humming a spiritual. Most of the scars still remain within our souls today. I have convinced myself that the emotional scars are somewhat genetic and generational. As a people taught to hate ourselves for being us. Time does slowly heal visible wounds but emotional scars seem to persist through time. For the black woman, whose shoulders which has had to bear, hurt, pain, hate and guilt. Our relief has been slow to come. While our white counterparts are afforded "a break" from the stress's of lifes daily burdens by visiting a therapist or sitting on a couch to pour out her heart and getting to the bottom of her pain. With the occasional Antidepressant or Yoga session. We are taught to " Keep Going", " Suck it up" and " Stop Whining". While there is a Dr. Jesus, that provides all of my medicine. Occasionally, I need to talk. I need a real live body to help me through my mental turmoil that is life and all of its obstacles. Some may say I'm crazy, others may write me off. But, I know what's best for me. A few years back I suffered from an Endocrine Disease, that many may not be familiar with. " Hyperpara Thyroid Disease. One day I was walking around perfectly fine, and then all of a sudden I was plagued with dizzy spells, uncontrollable weight loss, anxiety and chronic fatigue and pain. I was slowly dying. In the midst of my journey through this illness I found out so much about the people that I had in my life and myself. I was 34 and I was dying. Literally.. I had a true friend that first, introduced me to the true and living God. See I knew about Jesus and all that bible talk. But, I had never truly been formally introduced to him. So in my spare time, I got deeply acquainted with MY GOD, and he with me. I also began to understand how important my mental stability meant to my overall well being. I became an advocate for Balck women and mental health. Spreading the word that it is OK to break every once in a while and from time to time learning that just like an old car, Every now and again you'll need a spiritual and an emotional Oil Change. For me it meant, Learning to exhale, breath and live my life one day at a time. It meant letting go of everything and everyone that meant negative for my life. My journey may not be your journey. But we can all take this walk together. Leaning and depending on God and each other..
Until next time Stay Blessed and Beautiful my loves... # Smooches  

No comments:

Post a Comment