Just KKJ

Just KKJ
She Believed She Could ,So She Did

Monday, July 11, 2016

THE RESUSCITATION OF TV

Image result for greenleaf own

Finally a breath of fresh air on the television front. Guys if you haven't checked out the new OWN Networks Series Greanleaf. Co-directed by none other than Ms Sofia herself, Oprah Winfrey. She even has a reoccurring guest role in the series as Aunt Mavis McCready. I'm absolutely hooked. I had seen the advertisements for the show over and over again, but kept thinking, not another Oprah, Tyler Perry Sitcom about being down and out and black. Honey No, this show has meat and potato's. Its about a Mega church leader Bishop James Greanleaf, played by the incomparable Keith Davis. His wife Lady Mae Greanleaf is played by none other than the amazingly talented Lynn Whitfield, who brings her edge and sass to this drama filled series. I cannot forget about the scrumptious Lamman Rucker who plays the Bishops son Jacob Greanleaf. The young lady that sizzles in her role as Grace Greanleaf. She is not familiar to me but gets a 5 star rating all in the same breath Merle Dandridge. She's poised, beautiful and plays the prothetic, lost daughter who comes back to regain her throne. Seriously guy's I am not going to give away the storyline or plot. Because I want you to be as swept away in the drama of Greanleaf as I was. Lets just say, its a super realistic version of a Mega Church in terms of it's Ups and downs of religion and utter worldliness. If you want to tune in, it has a Wednesday at 10 pm airing time. Which gives you just enough time to come home, do dinner, get the kids settled and Veg out for an hour.
I guess I don't have to tell you guys where I'll be and what I'll be doing for the rest of the summer on Wednesday nights..

No comments:

Post a Comment